Sunday 22 April 2012

Leigh on Sea

Yesterday, we woke up to glorious sunshine which made a nice change from the constant rain we've had lately - so we decided to jump in the car with Ted and make the short drive over to Leigh on Sea.



If you're an Essex resident, you'll should know Leigh; and if you're a TOWIE fan, you might have seen Leigh when Mick took Maria there on a date to have cockles! But if you don't fit either category and haven't heard of Leigh on Sea, it's a pretty little seaside place that's nice to visit for a day trip.

I say seaside, actually it's on the Thames Estuary, but it has some nice little sandy beaches all the same! (and the water's fairly clean which is more than can be said for Thurrock!)


 There is a little sea front you can walk along, with a few dog-friendly pubs, some fish and chip shops, and some sea-food bars. There's also a cute little shop that sells all sorts of gorgeous stuff (including cath kidston!), and a sweet vintage coffee shop.

If you're that way inclined, you can pay to learn to fish or you can even rent a little sailing boat and play around in the water! Normally I'd love that but as Ted had come along we decided against it (don't know if he's sea sick yet!)


Ted loved it and was in and out of the sea constantly. Although he did roll in some seaweed so he now needs a bath!


I went in a tiny bit with him (I came prepared with my trusty Hunters!). But a big wave came and we got wet (I got wet legs, Ted got a full soaking!)


We found a nice little pub that had a fish and chip shop attached - perfect combination! - so we sat down for some grub. It started to rain a little but it was still SO good! Is it just me or are fish and chips just soooo much better when had at the seaside??

Teddy sitting nicely, waiting for some fish!    





 After we got him home, Teddy was pooped! Straight off to bed! I heart weekends!



So if you're looking for a nice day out, give Leigh on Sea a try! It's doggy friendly most of the time, but make sure you check the web in advance in case any dates are off limits to pooches!

Has anyone else been? Would you like to visit?

5 comments:

  1. Aww looks like you had a great time :-) my dogs scared of the sea. Ha. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your dog had a great day out at the break, love the last picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog! I am now following you! You dog is SO cute! XOXO-Meena

    www.thesouthernprincesses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great day! Found you through the blog hop and i'm glad I did, I love a great new blog to follow! Follow for a follow?

    (My dog may also one day take over my blog! hah)

    Taylor

    http://beautay.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to throw your thoughts my way!