Saturday 8 December 2012

My Love For All Things Trollbead

Now it would've made sense for me to post about Trollbeads before, considering how much I love them and the fact that they do doggy charms, but for some reason I haven't?

Trollbeads are my favourite jewellery brand - they are charm beads from Denmark made of gorgeous antique-looking silvers, golds and murano glass. They are absolutely stunning. I was introduced to them by Dan's mum, who had a gorgeous collection of red and silver beads. Once I saw how lovely they looked I was hooked!

The brand was started in 1976 by Lise Aagaard in Denmark, and she still runs the business to this day. You basically start with one of their bracelets (or a necklaces) and then choose from the hundreds of gorgeous beads available to create your own look. Lots of trollbeads fans change their beads up daily to create different looks - and I love the fact that they are so versatile and easy to play around with.

When I first started my collection, I bought a debut bracelet which is a standard packaged Trollbeads offer that includes a silver bracelet, a lock, and two beads. You can use from a variety of different combinations of the debut bracelet, and they've changed price a few times. I think they're currently retailing at £99, but I managed to nab one (as a present for someone!!) at the Trollbeads convention for £50! Whoop! Dan bought me my first charm which was the Scottie dog. It's very detailed and looks gorgeous.

I went for autumnal colours to begin with as those are my favourite colours - reds, oranges, browns and greens - I've always been drawn to those colours, I don't know why. But as my collection grew, I began to spy gorgeous deep blue beads, limited edition Chinese purple jades, and pink agates - so my colour range grew too! There are so many beautiful colours to choose from; it's very easy to fall in love with all sorts of different beads!

At the moment, my current colour scheme is back to being autumnal - it seems to go with more of my outfits of late - so my other colours are packed away for safe keeping. When (if ever) I can afford it, I'll buy another silver bracelet to keep them on for other outfits!


My current bracelet looks like this:


When I have some more spare time I'll go through the different doggy charms available as every bead has it's own special meaning, and all are different prices. Deals are on sometimes, but the base price for glass beads is £26 currently. Not too bad compared to some other brands..


Christmas Trollbead Promotions

There are lots of different deals on at the moment for Christmas with Trollbeads, so I thought I'd list a few in case anyone's looking for a nice Christmas present - I know I'd be over the moon with one of these!


Diamonds4ever are currently holding a crazy sale for their last few remaining Trollbeads world tour beads! These beads were very elusive and very expensive, but Diamonds4ever are selling some for as little as £11!! So if you're looking to start, or add to, your collection - this is perfect!

- Steffans are also holding a Trollbeads sale in which you can nab some of the retired beads for as little as £13! They also have Trollbeads kits (6 beads) for as little as £65, and Trollbeads earrings! Amazing deals!

- Trollbeads are doing a promotion on their new Luck and Joy starter bracelets - they are usually £141 but they are currently on offer at £75 - so you save 45%!

- Trollbeads are holding their annual 'Make a Wish' competition - spend over £50 on Trollbeads in your nearest retailer and you'll receive a postcard. All you have to do is fill out the postcard with your contact details and the name of the bead you'd like to wish for for Christmas, send it back to Fable Trading and you'll be put in a draw to win it!

- If you follow My Trollbeads on facebook, they hold a giveaway every Friday - so you may even be able to win your first bead (or a lovely present for someone special)! This week's giveaway involves you taking a photo - which I know lots of you love doing! So come join in the fun, you never know, this might be the start of your love affair with Trollbeads too :)


I think a trollbeads bracelet would make the perfect extra special gift for any dog lover - and will end being a family heirloom!

What do you think of Trollbeads?

*please note - this post was not sponsored, I just really love this brand!*

5 comments:

  1. Cute!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never heard of trollbeads until now! they look super cool tho! your bracelet looks awesome! i'm having a giveaway on my blog for some b&bw works holiday products if you'd like to check out!

    -ariel* xoxo
    www.chiclookxo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - they're really stunning aren't they - it always surprises me that Pandora is more popular when Trollbeads are just so much nicer! Thanks, I'll take a look :) x

      Delete
  3. the Trollbeads craftsmanship is truly admirable :)

    I'm a "free-style" bead collector, not attached as yet to the leading brands
    feel free to look at my creations at:
    cobalt-beads.blogspot.com
    and at my photos and things I find interesting at:
    gosialein.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to throw your thoughts my way!